OB/GYN RN or LPN Phone Triage
The Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will provide phone triage and direct in office care of our obstetrical and gynecological patients. You need excellent computer, organizational, communication and relational skills to adapt to the changing needs of a large and busy practice. Must have the willingness and ability to travel to our offices in Beverly, Danvers and Gloucester, and to occasionally work until 8 pm and/or Saturday mornings in Beverly if needed.
Triaging patient phone calls in accordance with professional and office protocols.
- Uses effective communication skills and interpersonal skills in obtaining information from patient and in receiving and handling patient- related phone calls.
- Provide general nursing care to OBGYN patients and assist providers with office procedures when working at any of our office locations.
- Assists with health education on the patient’s level of understanding. Assessing patient’s needs and advising when to seek immediate care. Collaborates with physicians and/or nurse midwives to determine the needs of the patient.
- Perform nursing assessments and provide counseling and teaching to patient.
- Renders direct patient care and instruct patients and their family members in care as instructed by the physician Responsible for systematically assessing the health care needs of individuals for the formulation of a care plan, its implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrates the ability for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience in caring for patients. Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable and timely, patient-centered care.
- Makes lab and x-ray appointments and explains the preparation to the patient.
- May be responsible for notifying patients of lab results. Assist in keeping electronic medical records in accordance with office procedures.
- Demonstrates awareness of environmental forces on health care of patients and their families. Demonstrates the ability to identify resources necessary to implement the plan of care.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and families. Develops relationships with patients and families that maintain and communicate trust and respect.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Participates in activities that contribute to professional development of self.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own nursing practice and patient safety.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, without exception.
- Graduate from a NLN accredited school of nursing required
- Current MA nursing license required
- 1-3 years in recent demonstrated nursing experience in outpatient obstetrics or gynecology setting and the ability to function independently highly preferred
- Strong computer skills including MSOffice, Internet, and E-mail highly preferred
- Experience with EPIC highly preferred
Skills and Experience
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Physical Nature of the Job: Ability to assist with the transportation, transfer, and ambulation of patients.
- Lifting without assistance up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to respond to patient emergencies. Able to stand without interruption for extended periods of time
- Reaching (extending arms and/or trunk of body above or in front of body)for patient care or retrieval of supplies.
- Capable of working under stress related to multiple patients and/or providers care demands occurring.
Excellent Benefits Include:
- Competitive health benefit package
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401 (K) Plan with Employer Contribution
- Disability Insurance (Short and Long term)
- Life Insurance
Only qualified candidates need apply. A cover letter is required with your application for your application to be considered.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Essex County OB/GYN requires that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Interested? Please use the email link below to request more information or to send your information.
Click here to email about this job offering