Certified Nurse Midwife
The CNMs provide full scope care, seeing patients in the office for prenatal, postpartum, and gynecologic care, as well as triaging obstetric patients and caring for patients during labor and postpartum. Our midwives practice independently to care for patients who choose midwifery care as well as patients who opt for an MD/CNM hybrid approach to care. We have a warm, collaborative relationship with our MDs that allows us to provide CNM care across a spectrum of patient needs and risk factors.
- Provide direct clinical services and management of mothers and babies as defined in the standing orders, policies, procedures and protocols for the certified nurse mid-wife Provide medical care and treatment to obstetrical patients under the supervision of an obstetrician/gynecologist during pregnancy and normal delivery and to instruct patients in proper prenatal and postnatal practices and infant care.
- Obtain patient health histories and complete physical examinations. Document findings noting pertinent normal and abnormal findings. Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests.
- Explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patient, family, staff, and healthcare learners.
- Perform approved therapeutic procedures based upon patient’s clinical status. Document patient preparation and response to procedure(s).
- Formulate and implement prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, newborn and inter-conceptional care as defined by Essex County OB/GYN Associations Standards of Practice.
- Collaborate with physician and nursing colleagues and document in medical records and appropriate narrative summaries.
- Initiate necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
- Provide patient and family education related to prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, newborn and interconceptional care.
- Perform and participate in quality/performance improvement activities.Participate in and support accreditation, compliance, and regulatory activities of the organization. Serve as an expert consultant to nursing, members of the healthcare team and to the larger community.
- Graduation from an ACNM accredited nurse-midwifery education program
- Current license to practice as a CNM in Massachusetts
- Current DEA Number
- Master of Science in Nursing preferred
- Prior full scope midwifery experience preferred
- First Assist Skills preferred
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills appreciated
- Current enrollment in the ACNM CCA or CMP
Typical schedule is two office days (8-hour shift) and two 12-hour call shifts weekly.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, clinical practice standards, normal maternal / fetal growth and development, and requirements of nurse midwifery practice.
- Skill in identifying problems, utilizing initiative and judgment, and able to independently seek out resources to solve complex problems.
- Effective communication skills; skill in communicating with staff, patients, families and other professionals throughout Beverly Hospital and Essex County OB/GYN Associates.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work within a team setting.
- Ability to assist with the transportation, transfer, and ambulation of patients.
- Lifting without assistance up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to respond to patient emergencies.
- Able to stand without interruption for extended periods of time.
- Reaching (extending arms and/or trunk of body above or in front of body) for patient care or retrieval of supplies.
- Capable of working under stress related to multiple patients and/or providers care demands occurring.
Exposure to biohazardous waste products
Excellent Benefits Include
- Competitive health benefit package
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401 (K) Plan with Employer Contribution
- Disability Insurance (Short and Long term)
- Life Insurance
Only qualified candidates need apply. A cover letter is required with your application for your application to be considered.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Essex County OB/GYN requires that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
$100,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
Interested? Please use the email link below to request more information or to send your information.
Click here to email about this job offering